TDFHT is committed to improving health and well-being through accessible primary health care services and education programs delivered by an interdisciplinary team.
Applications are now being accepted for a
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
TEMPORARY PART-TIME (2)
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) provides direct patient care and related support, including patient and family education and counseling, and selected outreach services.
Qualifications: The RPN is in good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario,
3 to 5 years of experience in a primary care setting is an asset, Experience with social media platforms and health promotion activities is an asset, as a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination and employment is conditional upon a satisfactory criminal record check.
For a full description of the role and qualifications see www.tdfht.ca
TDFHT is a multi-site health care facility.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to:
Human Resources and Finance Manager
Tilbury District Family Health Team
22 Mill St. West, P.O. Box 760,
Tilbury, ON, N0P 2L0
Closing date: February 6, 2024 @ 9 AM
Ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The TDFHT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Title: Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Reports to: Nurse Practitioner Clinical Lead
Status: Temporary Part-Time (0.5 FTE)
Date: February 2024
Under general supervision in the Family Health Team, the RPN provides direct patient care and related support, including patient and family education and counseling, and selected outreach services.
The RPN is accountable to the Nurse Practitioner Clinical Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works within scope the of practice of a Registered Practical Nurse
- Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks; checks in patients, assists in obtaining patient histories, takes vital signs, prepares charts and assists with medical examinations.
- Performs routine specialized procedures, such as venipuncture, catheterization, and sterile dressing changes under established protocols.
- Maintains stocks of medicines and medical supplies as necessary.
- Educates and advises patients on specified medical issues within established parameters.
- May perform specialized procedures, such as processing of lab specimens, antibody screening, and colonoscopies, under strict protocol and procedural guidelines.
- May coordinate office activities and perform a range of accounting and administrative functions in support of family health team program related activities; may oversee student employees in specified tasks.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- May recruit patients for studies and may participate in outreach clinical activities as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as required
- Champion Quality Improvement (QI) initiatives and inspire others to adopt QI practices
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
- Interviewing skills.
- Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to perform standard clinical procedures according to established protocols.
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Ability to perform routine invasive procedures, such as venipuncture and catheterization, in accordance with established clinical protocol.
- Knowledge of inventory management practices.
- Experience with social media platforms and health promotion activities is an asset
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
Conditions of Employment:
- May be required to submit annual TB and rubella screening.
- UNM will provide Hepatitis vaccination; candidate may decline vaccination through declination form or may provide record of vaccination from previous employer.
- Works in a manner that incorporates health promotion and determinants of health.
- Contributes to the Team’s work by participating in meetings and on committees.
- Due to the nature of the position, flexible hours are required including evenings until 8:00 p.m. You may also be required to work out of either of our office in Chatham or Tilbury.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Registered Practical Nurse in good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a primary care setting is an asset
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Employment is conditional upon a satisfactory criminal record check