Applications are now being accepted for an
The Tilbury District Family Health Team (TDFHT) is seeking a passionate, driven and energetic Executive Director (ED) to lead an interdisciplinary team of health professionals committed to improving health and well-being in the community through accessible primary health care programs and services. The team consists of physicians, physician assistant, nurse practitioners, nurses, dietitian, pharmacists, social workers, phlebotomist, chiropodist and a seasoned administrative staff. The ED reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for advising them on all matters.
With Ontario Health Teams changing the landscape of health care delivery in Ontario, this is an exciting time for primary health care organizations to be at the forefront of this transformation centered around patients, families and caregivers. TDFHT is a key partner in the Chatham-Kent Ontario Health Team (CKOHT) and the ED will be an integral part of the future improvements and alignment in our region.
As ED, you will be responsible for the management of all human, physical and financial resources of the organization; the provision of high-quality patient-centered primary care for patients and must demonstrate the following capabilities.
Management and Leadership:
• Strong operational skills, particularly with regard to human resources, finance, risk management, quality and governance.
• Collaborate and establish strong and supportive relationships with the Board of Directors and the physician group (FHO)
• Ensure programs and services reflect the mission and values of the organization
• Identify relevant requirements in legislation and regulations and ensure best practices are in place and compliant
• Build collaborative working relationships with stakeholders including hospitals, Ministry of Health, CK Ontario Health Team, community agencies, and other FHTs
• Ensure on-time, accurate performance reports are submitted to the Ministry of Health and other governmental departments as required
• Provide facilitation in creating a positive and fair working environment that fosters high morale, effective team performance
• Knowledgeable and proficient in current evidence-based methods and practices of primary care delivery with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction
• Initiate the development of strategic plans and work with the Board to determine goals, objectives and strategic directions and incorporate those into operational plans and activities
• Prepare annual budget, manage resources and monitor the financial stability and viability of the organization and identify variances to the Board
• Provide written and verbal reports at Board meetings and at the Annual General meeting
• Inform the Board of any situation that could potentially create liabilities for the organization and ensure appropriate risk management strategies are adopted
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree from a recognized university in health, social sciences, business or administration
• At least five years relevant experience with progressive responsibility preferably in a health care setting and/or non-profit organization
• Broad knowledge of primary health care, health promotion, community health, current issues in health and health reform including Ontario Health Teams
• Experience working with non-profit Board of Directors
• Knowledge of relevant legislative requirements including but not limited to health and safety and employment legislation
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage in a team environment
• Proven skills in communication, listening, team leadership and development, problem solving, facilitation, and critical and strategic thinking
• Proven experience in budgeting and financial analysis
• Experience in dealing with government funding bodies
• Experience in program planning, development and evaluation
• Proficiency in computer hardware and software including MicroSoft Office applications
• Knowledge of electronic health record systems (Accuro EMR is an asset)
Qualified applicants must email their cover letter and resume to the attention of the Board Chair, Elise Marentette at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 17, 2021. You are encouraged to learn more about TDFHT by visiting www.tdfht.ca
TDFHT is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.