Applications are now being accepted for a
Temporary Full-Time over 2 Locations
The Leamington & Area Family Health Team and the Tilbury District Family Health Team together, are recruiting for a temporary full-time Chiropodist. This position will work 0.6FTE in Leamington and 0.4FTE in Tilbury.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
• Assessing, diagnosing and treating abnormalities and diseases related to the foot and lower limb in people of all ages.
• Providing treatment of disorders among high-risk patient groups such as geriatrics and those with increased risk of amputation; providing advice and making referrals as appropriate.
• Prescribing, producing and fitting orthotics and other aids and appliances.
• Delivering foot health education, particularly to more vulnerable social groups including geriatrics, children and those with medical problems such as diabetes, osteo-arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
• Working closely with other medical practitioners such as doctors, nurses and complementary practitioners in the provision of multidisciplinary team delivery of healthcare.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
• Completion of Bachelor of Science and Graduate Advanced Diploma of Health Sciences (Chiropody)
• Preferred one or more years of clinical experience.
• Must possess a license with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario as a chiropodist.
• Experience working in primary care an asset.
• Knowledge of and working experience with computer systems and applications (Accuro an asset).
• Honed patient assessment and triage skills.
Please apply to posted vacancy by submitting a letter requesting consideration and current resume to the Human Resources and Finance Manager by the deadline indicated.
Human Resources and Finance Manager
Tilbury District Family Health Team
P.O. Box 760
Tilbury, On, N0P 2L0
Closing Date: June 26, 2019