TDFHT is committed to improving health and well-being through accessible primary health care services and education programs delivered by an interdisciplinary team.
Applications are now being accepted for a
The social worker provides, oversees, and/or administers a wide range of psychosocial evaluations/assessments, counseling therapies, crisis interventions, and/or case management services in a high-intensity clinical environment which requires a high degree of independent decision-making and program administration. They are committed to interdisciplinary primary health care.
Qualifications: Master’s of Social Work (M.S.W.) Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in a primary health care setting or related environment. As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
For a full description of the role and qualifications see www.tdfht.ca TDFHT is a multi-site health care facility.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to:
Human Resources and Finance Manager
Tilbury District Family Health Team
22 Mill St. West, P.O. Box 760,
Tilbury, ON, N0P 2L0
Closing date: August 2, 2022 @ 9 AM
Ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The TDFHT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Title: Social Worker
Reports to: Clinical Program Coordinator
Status: Permanent (1 Full-Time Equivalent)
Date: July 2022
The scope of practice of the social worker entails “the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of individual, interpersonal and societal problems through the use of social work knowledge, skills, interventions and strategies to assist individuals, families, groups, communities and organizations to achieve optimum psychosocial and social functioning”.
Under indirect supervision, the social worker provides, oversees, and/or administers a wide range of psychosocial evaluations/assessments, counseling therapies, crisis interventions, and/or case management services in a high-intensity clinical environment which requires a high degree of independent decision-making and program administration.
This position reports to the Clinical Program Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maximizes the functioning and independence of clients by providing psychological counseling services to individuals, families and groups
• Acts as a client advocate to ensure that clients receive community support, health, social and recreational services
• Compiles information on community resources and facilitates access to them by liaising with community groups
• Effectively maintain healthy working relationships within a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment
• Ensures appropriate treatment is delivered by maintaining proper client records and assessment notes
• Contributes to developing new programs by identifying, recommending and developing resources and materials and by participating in delivery of programs
• Supervises and mentors social work students on placement
• Abides by and works within the policies/procedures of the Family Health Team
• Maintain accurate documentation in the electronic medical record (EMR)
• Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)
• Performs miscellaneous duties as required
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Master’s (M.S.W), with a minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in a community-based organization, or related organization
• Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSW)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in current assessment and short term psychosocial counseling techniques
• Ability to deal effectively with crises
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills; high level of independent decision-making required
• Computer experience a strong asset
• Excellence in patient service, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Experience in conflict management
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently in an interdisciplinary team
• Willingness and ability to expand with role as required
Conditions of Employment:
• As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination
• May be required to obtain additional vaccinations as deemed appropriate by the TDFHT
• Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance required
• Works in a manner that incorporates health promotion and determinants of health
• Contributes to the team’s work by participating in meetings and committees
• Will be required to offer at least one daytime and evening shift
• Will be required to work onsite